Loving Earth is a Melbourne based healthy fine food company dedicated to sourcing and manufacturing the highest quality organic, fairly traded and wild crafted functional foods available. We work with small producer communities around the world to provide healthy, sustainable & fair ingredients, which we use to handcraft our unique range of chocolate bars, cereals and superfood snacks.
We don’t currently have a sales department at Loving Earth, we are looking for the right person to create and develop an effective new sales team.
Business Development Manager
Your main responsibility is to drive sales growth by creating and executing on our sales and distribution strategy.
Key accountabilities include:
- Identify and develop new sales opportunities in existing and new markets & channels
- Develop strong relationships and drive more sales through existing customers
- Create and execute Sales & Distribution strategy
- Coordinate sales initiatives, involved in tradeshows and export
- Sales analysis to maximise focussed effort
- Develop and execute Promotional Strategy
- Develop the sales function into an effective sales team
- Formulate and execute the export of products
We are looking for the following essential experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in a customer facing sales rep, sales manager or distribution management role
- At least 3 years experience managing a sales team
- Experience in growing and building a new sales function
- Preference will be given to applicants who have experience in selling to shops or distributors within the health / organic / fine food industry
- Experience in export would be highly advantageous
Skills & attitude that we are looking for:
- Being fully aligned with our brand and company values is essential
- Demonstrable sales, relationship management and influencing skills
- Strategic, analytical, conceptual thinker
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- High energy, confident, results driven, enthusiastic, ambitious
This role is full time, reports to the Head of Sales and Operations, and works from our head office in Scoresby (VIC).
- Remuneration commensurate with experience ($90-120k p/a)
- Mobile and travel allowance
- A highly engaging and motivating work environment with great people, who are passionate about what they do
- An opportunity for you to grow and embed a new sales and distribution function within the company; there is potential for this role to grow to executive level in the longer term
Please send your resume and cover letter to our HR Manager, Sarah Edwards: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is Sunday 6 September 2015.