Healthy Ginger Loaf with Coconut Whipped Cream, Summer Berries & Chocolate
It just wouldn't be Christmas without gingerbread! I just love the scent of ginger and cinnamon filling up the kitchen and house this time of the year <3
Here's our healthy version of the classic favourite. We've decorated ours with lashings of coconut whipped cream, berries and in true Loving Earth style, squares of chocolate. Enjoy x
2 cups gluten-free flour (store bought or made with a mixture of gluten free flour such as rice, arrowroot, tapioca etc.)
1 tsp baking soda
1+1/2 tsp ground ginger
1+1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup molasses
1/2 cup Loving Earth coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup Loving Earth coconut nectar
1/3 cup applesauce
3/4 cup coconut or almond milk
- Step 1 :Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius and lightly grease and line a loaf pan.
- Step 2 :In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients including flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- Step 3 :In a separate bowl, combine the molasses, coconut oil, coconut nectar, applesauce and coconut/almond milk. Whisk altogether.
- Step 4 :Make a small well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet molasses mixture.
- Step 5 :Gently fold together and combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until just combined. Make sure not to over-mix at this point.
- Step 6 :Once everything has combined, pour the batter into the prepared baking tin and bake in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Step 7 :Allow cooling for approximately 10 minutes and then transferring to a cooling rack.
- Step 8 :Once the cake has completely cooled, decorate with coconut whipped cream (made with canned coconut cream and coconut nectar), berries of choice and chocolate! Slice and serve x
Copyright © 2015 Loving Earth Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.