Turkish Delight Cake With Raw Brownie Base
Its all in the name... just wait till you taste! (spoiler alert, its turkishly delightful)
5 large pitted medjool dates (approx 1/2 cup)
1 cup of walnuts
½ cup of almonds
3 tbs Loving Earth Cacao Powder
3 cups of raw cashews that have been soaked overnight
¼ cup of melted Loving Earth Coconut Oil
1 tsp vanilla paste
½ cup of coconut nectar
1 tbs finely grated beetroot
Loving Earth Dark Chocolate.
- Step 1 :Pulse all base ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor blend until they stick together. Take care not to over process, you still want some texture.
- Step 2 :Press evenly into a lined 18cm baking tin & place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Step 3 :In a high speed blender or food processor blend all filling ingredients until super smooth.
- Step 4 :Take out ½ of the mixture & set aside
- Step 5 :To the remaining filling in the blender add 1tbs of finely grated beetroot (I used a microplane) & 3 tbs of rosewater*
Blend until smooth.
- Step 6 :To the mixture you set aside add 2 tbs of Loving Earth Cacao Powder & mix well.
- Step 7 :Layer over your base in 2 or 4 layers depending on how you want it to look (I did 4). Let the cake sit in the freezer for 10-15 mins between adding layers.
- Step 8 :Store in the freezer.
- Step 9 :When ready to eat drizzle with melted Loving Earth dark chocolate.
- Step 10 :Allow to defrost a little before slicing.
- Step 11 :*Please note different brands of rosewater have different amounts of water added. Add your rosewater a tablespoon at a time & taste as you go.
Copyright © 2015 Loving Earth Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.