Raw Raspberry Ruffle Bars
If you haven’t had a raspberry ‘Ruffle’ bar before, you have not lived. They have been one of my favourite treats since childhood, and back in the days I remember filling my Pick ’n’ Mix bag with these things. The best thing is they are vegan too!
They say three’s a crowd but that’s not the case with Ruffles, which are made with three of my most favourite things – coconut, raspberries and chocolate. They’re sweet, rich and fruity all at the same time, and so damn delicious!
Raspberry Ruffle Centre
1½ cups (150g) Unsweetened Desiccated Coconut
150g coconut cream
2 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
4-6 tbsp maple syrup (dependant on taste) OR liquid sweetener of choice
½ tsp Vanilla Powder
3½ heaped tbsp raw raspberry powder
Raw Chocolate Coating
150g Loving Earth 85% Dark Chocolate
- Step 1 :In a large bowl, mix the desiccated coconut, maple syrup and the coconut cream until they are well combined.
- Step 2 :Add the melted coconut oil, vanilla and raspberry powder and mix until a sticky mixture is formed.
- Step 3 :Line a tray with greaseproof paper. Shape the coconut mixture into 10 even sized bars with your hands.
- Step 4 :Place in the fridge to harden whilst you melt the chocolate.
- Step 5 :Melt the chocolate slowly over a bain–marie, ensuring it does not get warm.
- Step 6 :Dip each Ruffle bar in the chocolate, making sure each one is covered in a thick, even layer of chocolate.
- Step 7 :Gently press some freeze dried strawberries or raspberries on top of each bar, and drizzle the remaining chocolate over to decorate. Place back on the greaseproof paper.
- Step 8 :Leave to harden in the fridge again before eating. They will keep for 2 weeks in an air–tight box in the fridge
Copyright © 2015 Loving Earth Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.