Caramel Almond Bars
Gooey date caramel, roasted almonds and a snap of bittersweet dark chocolate... the perfect little sweet treat with your afternoon cup of tea.
Makes 15 Bars
1 ½ cups dates
1 tbsp Vanilla Powder
¼ cup coconut cream
3 tbsp hulled tahini
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
pinch sea salt flakes
1 ½ cups roasted almonds
120g Dark Chocolate
Cacao Nibs and sea salt for sprinkling
- Step 1 :Mix the dates, coconut cream, vanilla, tahini and sea salt in a food processor until smooth. This will take a few minutes.
- Step 2 :Scoop the date mixture into a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the roasted almonds and mix well. Press the mixture into a paper lined brownie tray.
- Step 3 :Gently melt the dark chocolate over a low heat. Pour the chocolate over the almond mixture and spread evenly.
- Step 4 :Sprinkle with cacao nibs + sea salt and place in the freezer to set overnight (it will still remain quite gooey).
- Step 5 :Remove from the freezer, slice into bite sized pieces and serve. It’s best to keep this slice in an airtight container in the freezer.
Copyright © 2015 Loving Earth Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.