Chocolate Coffee Cake with Blueberries - a collaboration with Pod & Parcel
As much as we're chocolate-lovers here in the office, we love a good morning cup of coffee too. We've partnered up with our eco-friendly & Melbourne-based counterparts, Pod & Parcel to bring to you our collab Chocolate Coffee Cake.
The coffee shots add depth to this cake while the berries add tartness and balance out the sweetness from the chocolate chunks.
It's the perfect combination of flavours!
As per usual, it's plant-based. But let us tell you...you're not even going to notice!
Chocolate Coffee Cake
1-2 shots of Pod & Parcel, we used a combination of Fassoli and Munro as pictured.
1 tbsp. plant-based milk of choice
1/2 cup Loving Earth coconut oil
200g Loving Earth coconut sugar
100g spelt flour
100g gluten free flour of choice
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. bi-carb
4 flax eggs, (made with 3 tbsp. water per tbsp. of flax meal)
80g Loving Earth Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
2 punnets of fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Step 1 :Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease and base-line a round cake tin with non-stick baking paper. Freshly brew your Pod & Parcel Coffee Pods in your coffee machine and mix in 1 tbsp. of plant-based milk.
- Step 2 :To make the flax egg, combine 4 tbsp. of the flax meal with 3 tbsp. of water for every tbsp. (12 tbsp. of water, in total). Set aside and let it thicken for approximately 10 minutes.
- Step 3 :Put all the dry cake ingredients with the coffee mixture and flax eggs in a large bowl. Whisk to combine for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Step 4 :Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared tin and spread evenly. Pour the punnet of blueberries or frozen blueberries over the cake batter. Top the arranged blueberries with the remaining half of the cake batter. Neatly arrange the remaining punnet of blueberries over the cake.
- Step 5 :Divide the mix equally between the prepared tins and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer poked into the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Step 6 :Once the cake has completely cooled, lightly brush the cake with the desired amount of maple syrup. Cut into slices and serve.
Copyright © 2015 Loving Earth Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.