Cookies aren't generally considered a breakfast food, but when you have oats, nuts & toasted coconut in the mix, it's totally acceptable to reach for one before 9am! These have chunks of our Cashew MYLK scattered through and are delicious with a morning coffee ☕️
Plant based Chocolate Chunk Cookies
150g rolled oats
155g lightly toasted almonds with skin
125g plain gluten-free or spelt flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
170g Loving Earth Cashew Mylk Chocolate, chopped coarsely into chunks
125ml Loving Earth Coconut Oil, melted
125ml maple syrup or coconut nectar
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Step 1 :Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper
- Step 2 :Spread the oats onto a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes until very lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and tip into the mixing bowl to stop the cooking process. Spread the almonds on the same baking tray and bake for 5 minutes until also very lightly toasted.
- Step 3 :Put the oats into a food processor and grind until it turns into a coarse meal. Pour into the mixing bowl. Roughly chop or grind the almonds and add to the oats. Add the flour, baking powder and chocolate chunks and stir to combine.
- Step 4 :Mix the coconut oil, coconut nectar or maple syrup and vanilla and pour it into the dry ingredients and combine until it forms dough.
- Step 5 :Place even spoonful’s of the dough onto the baking tray and flatten them slightly with fingers.
- Step 6 :Bake for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to sit on the tray for 10 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Step 7 :Ready to eat! These will keep for 2 weeks or so in an airtight container.
Copyright © 2015 Loving Earth Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.