Double Hazelnut Chocolate Chunk Brownies
When you're on the search for something chocolate-y, cake-y and a little bit gooey...look no further than a chocolate brownie ;) We call this one "double hazelnut" because it includes our velvety Hazelnut bar as well as whole roasted hazelnuts mixed through - the added crunch makes the brownie!
185g Loving Earth Coconut Oil
185g Loving Earth Salted Caramel Chocolate
85g gluten free flour of choice
100g Loving Earth Hazelnut Chocolate
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 flax eggs
275 Loving Earth Coconut Sugar
- Step 1 :Fill a small saucepan about half full with hot water. Place a heatproof bowl with coconut oil and the salted caramel chocolate and sit it on top of the saucepan, ensuring that the bottom of the heatproof bowl doesn’t touch the water. Heat over a small flame until the chocolate and coconut oil has fully melted and mixed.
- Step 2 :Remove the bowl from the pan. While you wait for the chocolate and coconut oil mixture to cool, preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius fan-forced/180 degree Celsius.
- Step 3 :Line a rectangular baking tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Step 4 :In another medium-sized bowl, tip the gluten-free plain flour, baking powder and soda over a sieve and shake until it runs through and no lumps remain.
- Step 5 :Chop 100g of the Hazelnut Chocolate into chunks.
- Step 6 :Prepare the 3 flax eggs by combining 3 tbsp. of water to each tbsp. of ground flax. Mix the flax eggs with coconut sugar and beat for around 10 minutes.
- Step 7 :Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the flax egg mixture. Gently fold with a plastic spatula in a figure-8 motion. Hold the sieve over the egg and chocolate mixture and resift the gluten-free flour mixture, ensuring that it covers the entire surface of the egg mixture. Gently fold in the flour again, using the figure-8 motion until it has been fully combined and you've got a chocolate-y batter. Make sure not to overmix.
- Step 8 :Stir in the Hazelnut Chocolate chunks. Optional, but if desired, add in some whole-roasted hazelnuts for extra crunch.
- Step 9 :Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and spread evenly to level.
- Step 10 :Put the baking dish into the oven and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes. The top layer should have a shiny crust. At this point, the brownie may still seem undercooked but this should set as it cools.
- Step 11 :Leave the brownies in the tin to cool. After 10 minutes, transfer to a wire rack for it to completely cool. Cut into squares. Keep in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Copyright © 2015 Loving Earth Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.