Chocolate Dipped Old Fashioned Doughnuts
When it comes to doughnuts, we do-nut discriminate. But one of our favourites is the Old Fashioned doughnuts. Crumbly and cakey. Dipped in 85% Dark and covered in cacao nibs. Doughnuts are my ultimate comfort food.
Old fashioned doughnuts
300g pastry or spelt flour
3 Tbsp. ground flax or chia seeds
100g plant-based milk
100g Loving Earth coconut sugar
45g Loving Earth Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking powder
80g Loving Earth 85% Dark or Dark chocolate, melted for dipping the doughnuts into
Loving Earth Cacao Nibs
- Step 1 :Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium to large-size bowl.
- Step 2 :Mix together the plant-based milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Step 3 :Make a well in the dry ingredients and slowly pour in the milk mixture.
- Step 4 :Combine until it becomes a dough and divide into 6 equal balls. Make each of the balls of dough into small circles and make a hole in each. Place each of the 6 doughnuts onto a lined baking dish.
- Step 5 :Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Place the baking dish into the oven for 15-20 minutes until the doughnuts are golden brown and cooked through. Alternatively, you can be a little naughty (like we were ;)) and deep fry these - fry in hot oil on medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side, making sure that they don't burn.
- Step 6 :Set aside on a cooling wrack. Once they've completely cooled, dip each doughnut into melted dark chocolate and sprinkle with cacao nibs. Set aside until the chocolate has set and is ready to eat!
Copyright © 2015 Loving Earth Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.