I’m intimidated by making layered cakes. At one stage I thought someone could potentially Photoshop another layer or two if it didn’t work. Then someone told me to split between two tins. True story :/
Hazelnut Chocolate Torte
1 cup of coconut sugar
3 cups of ground hazelnuts
1/2 cup of plain flour (gluten-free)
4 chia eggs (4 tbsp. chia seeds combined with 12 tbsp. water)
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 can of coconut cream, chilled overnight
80g Loving Earth Hazelnut Chocolate
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Step 1 :Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Grease the bottom of two circular medium-sized springform pans and then line with baking paper.
- Step 2 :Combine the chia ‘eggs’ with the cinnamon and beat with an electric whisk for a few minutes.
- Step 3 :Gradually beat in the Coconut sugar.
- Step 4 :Combine the ground hazelnuts with the plain flour and baking soda and fold into the wet batter.
- Step 5 :Pour between the two tins and gently tap the side to make the mixture settle.
- Step 6 :Cook in the oven for 45 minutes and test with skewer to come clean.
- Step 7 :Take out and cool on wire racks before removing from the tins.
- Step 8 :To make the frosting, melt Hazelnut chocolate gently in a double boiler and set to the side.
- Step 9 :Separate the hard coconut cream from the coconut water. Beat the coconut cream and slowly incorporate the melted chocolate until just combined.
- Step 10 :Generously spread both cakes with the hazelnut cream and set one atop of the other. Finish with hazelnuts and blueberries.
Copyright © 2015 Loving Earth Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.