Mars Bars – the naughty treat that generally leaves us feeling low after the sugar rush has subsided. Lucky for us, Sam from So Beautifully Raw has created a Mars Bar recipe using natural ingredients, without the refined sugar! They taste amazing too.
Mars Bar Bites
Mars Bar Bites
For the Nougat
- 1 + ½ cups Raw Cashews see product
- 1 cup Coconut Flour
- ½ cup Filtered Water (+ more when needed)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Butter, melted
- 2-3 tbsp Rice Malt Syrup
- pinch of salt
For The Caramel
- 1 + ½ cups Medjool Dates, pitted + soaked
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter
- ⅔ cup Loving Earth Coconut Oil, melted see product
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
For the chocolate coating
- 1 cup Loving Earth Cacao Powder see product
- ¾ cup Loving Earth Cacao Butter, melted see product
- ⅓ cup (80ml) Maple Syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- Step 1Make the nougat by first blending the raw cashews and coconut flour in a high powered blender until a fine flour forms. Transfer to a blow and add coconut butter, rice malt syrup and water and mix until a soft dough forms. Transfer to a lined loaf tin and freeze.
- Step 2To make the caramel, blend dates, maple syrup, almond butter, salt and vanilla in a food processor until creamy. Add the coconut oil last and blend until smooth. Spread over the nougat and freeze the whole slice overnight.
- Step 3Prepare the chocolate by whisking the ingredients together until no lumps remain.
- Step 4Remove the slice from the freezer. Using a sharp knife, slice into bite sized chunks – or your desired bar size.
- Step 5Dip each bar twice in chocolate, transfer to a cooling/drying rack and keep in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
Subscribe to Our Mailing List