Another donut recipe, you say? Oh no, this isn't just another donut... these are banana bread donuts – an absolute dream combo!! By our Feature Foodie of the month, The Little Plantation.
Banana Bread Donuts
Banana Bread Donuts
For the Donuts
- 185g gluten-free flour
- ⅔ tsp baking powder
- 75g brown sugar
- 35g vegan chocolate chips
- 45g Loving Earth coconut oil, melted (+ extra for greasing the doughnut tin) see product
- 1.5 tablespoons ground flax seeds + 4.5 tablespoons water
- 1.5 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 95 ml vegan yoghurt
For the Topping
- 50g of Loving Earth Dark Chocolate chocolate see product
- A splash of almond milk
- Handful of Loving Earth chopped activated Brazil nuts see product
- Handful of Loving Earth cacao nibs see product
- Step 1Get all your ingredients out onto your work surface, weighed and ready to go. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/160F. Grease the circles of your doughnut tin with coconut oil and set aside.
- Step 2In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients - the flour, baking powder and sugar until nicely combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix in well. Set aside.
- Step 3Over a very low heat, melt the coconut oil. As this is melting, combine the ground flax seeds with the water in a small bowl and let rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 4Mix together the melted coconut oil, the mashed bananas, the yoghurt and the water/flax seed mixture, until nicely combined.
- Step 5Next pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. If the mixture looks too dry, please add another spoon full of yoghurt.
- Step 6Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and pipe circles of dough into the prepared doughnut tin. Spread evenly. Bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Step 7Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Step 8As the donuts are cooling, prepare the glaze by melting the chocolate in a bowl placed over a pan with water that's been gently brought to the boil. When the chocolate has melted, add a splash of almond milk and stir in until dissolved. You may wish to add a splash of maple syrup too if you like.
- Step 9Once the donuts have cooled down, dip them in the chocolate glaze, sprinkle with nuts, cacao nibs or more chocolate chips and enjoy.
Subscribe to Our Mailing List